Monday, July 7, 2014

baby, birthday, retirement and wedding

This summer has been my busiest in a long time since I had much to accomplish with invitations and special cards for special people.

Below are just a few pictures of the projects I've been working on lately. Please note that I did use some retired Stampin' UP! products as shown in red.

A good friend of mine is expecting her second child in August and I was super excited to be able to make her this girly card! I'm really loving the color combo here. The special part about this card is that I used the shoes from the Baby we've grown digital brush set for My Digital Studio (MDS), enlarged it, then printed it out on vellum.  
 Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: whisper white, primrose petals 
  • paper: vellum
  • inks: basic gray, primrose petals, versamark
  • stamps: sweetest gift
  • templates: baby we've grown (My Digital Studio digital brush set), chevron stencil (from the simply created build a banner kit)
  • ribbons: white baker's twine


 A co-worker just had his 30th birthday and it was definitely a pleasure to create a masculine card for him to enjoy! I used Studio Calico's sunday card sketch. 
 Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: smokey slate, pear pizzaz, whisper white, pumpkin pie
  • inks: basic black, smokey slate (for sponging the edges)
  • stamps: six sided sampler, another great year (for the cupcake), word play 
  • punches: hexagon 


We've had quite a few retirements this year and it makes me a bit nervous that we're losing so many experienced people at work. Nevertheless, I had to wish my co-worker  a happy retirement with a handmade card.


A couple of things about this card is that my Really good greetings  stamp set had not yet arrived and I really needed to make this card so I improvised by using my word document to create the phrase and alter it by leaving a space for my twine to go in between. The next thing is (which you cannot see very well) is that I clear embossed the base of the card front  using the background stamp from the Open Sea stamp set. It looks MUCH BETTER in person.....pictures just don't do it justice!
   Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: whisper white, night of navy
  • inks: night of navy, versamark
  • stamps: open sea
  • punches:  1 3/4 circle
  • ribbons: baked brown sugar thick twine
  • embellishments: silver brads


 And finally, these are some invitations that I designed for a couple whom will be having their 50th wedding anniversary. Wow, 50 years?!!! That is just golden! (pun intended).
Again, pictures do not do this card justice. When you look at these cards in person, the gold glitter that was incorporated with the clear embossing, give the cards some bling!


Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: very vanilla, basic black
  • special paper: gold foil sheets
  • ink: versamark, black stazon
  • stamps: memorable moments, sunflower
  • gold embossing powder, gold stampin' glitter
  • labels collection framelits

 THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY! I DO HOPE THAT YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S POST AND STAY TUNED TO THE NEXT POST..............BLOG CANDY IS COMING SOON.........


    No comments:

    Post a Comment