Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stampin' UP! spring cards

Hello everyone! The weather has been up and down and all over the place here in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and most of us around here are ready for the SPRING time to get here!!!

To get you started in the Spring mood, I would like to show you my top 5 picks (in no particular order) for a spring-card swap I recently participated in.


The "Happy day" card above strikes me with all of its geometric shapes. I love the ivory cardstock used as the card base.


The "Thank you" card above is stunning with the large flowers and patterns used to create them.

The "Thank you" card above has a vellum overlay making the wood grain background look subtle and makes the beautiful flowers stand out!


The "You make me happy" card above is altogether beautiful. The layout and colors really do make me feel happy!

 The "Life.." card above is stunning with the bright and cheery colors. This one definitely gets me looking forward to springtime flower blooms.


The card above is my swap. The colors of this card really did get me excited about spring. I enjoy the simplicity of this card. The following are some tips to create this card.


My tips:
  • use the dots in the Happy watercolor stamp set to create your own subtle background. These colors match the colors of the sweet sorbet designer paper (from sale-a-bration catalog)..
  • I stamped the dots beginning near my flagged sentiment then continued stamping randomly on the card front without re-inking.

Supplies used:
  • cardstock: whisper white, crisp canteloupe
  • designer paper (DSP): sweet sorbet (sale-a-bration catalog)
  • ink: crisp cantaloupe, summer starfruit, pool party, black stazon, sahara sand
  • stamps: happy watercolor
  • punches: boho blossoms
  • ribbon: gold sequin trim
  • basic pearls

Sale-a-Bration is still going strong! You can receive a FREE item from the catalog for every $50 purchase! See the catalog under my "Catalogs" tab at the top of this page.

Giveaway!
All new "LIKEs" on my  Scrap Sprinkle Crop facebook page will entered to receive the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit. Offer ends 2/28/14.



Thank you for stopping by! Until next time.....



No comments:

Post a Comment