Sunday, January 19, 2014

Oh baby baby

I finally got some "me time" in this weekend and had to put together a baby card for our adopted son's birthmother. She had another baby last week and she and her husband decided to parent this child. We are super happy and excited for them as they begin a new chapter in their lives! 

Isn't he so sweet?!
A happy and healthy baby Boy: Caleb born on January 8, 2014; 7lb 9oz; 20" long

To get my creative juices flowing, I recently pinned a cute card sketch that I've been wanting to use on Pinterest so I took advantage of it!


I pretty much stuck to the whole layout of the card sketch because I like the layers. 



Here's a slightly stepped up version...I simply added a border with the fine tip of my crumb cake marker and a ruler. 



 My tips:
  • I used MDS (my digital studio) to print the "oh baby baby" sentiment on a 2.5" circle from the Hello World digital kit. I colored the words with crumb cake and pumpkin pie.
  • use a small safety pin to attach onto the circle next to the sentiment to give it some dimension.
  • I cut the baja breeze and island indigo rectangles to 3"x 1.75" then rounded the opposite corners with the corner rounder punch.

Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: crumb cake, island indigo, *baja breeze, pumpkin pie, whisper white
  • ink: crumb cake, versamark (for the bottle)
  • stamps: *baby bundle, "oh baby baby" digital stamp
  • punches: 2 1/2" circle, corner rounder
  • embellishments: *trinkets
  • ribbon: *baja breeze seam binding
  • paper piercing tool and circle template
  • polka dot embossing folder
NOTE: * indicates items are retired


I am looking forward to one day meeting this sweet little boy and I'm sure that our son would be happy to meet his little brother as well! 

Thank you for stopping by and don't be shy to comment about my latest creation! Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment