Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hybrid Boss's Day cards

This week has been a super busy week for me in my work and personal life. Of course, I had been requested to make 10 Bosses' Day cards for work just to add to the mix!

It's times like these when I say, "Thank goodness for My Digital Studio!" because it helped me make 10 (1 of which is feminine) quick card fronts then I embellished them with some 3-D elements ( in other words: hybrid cards)


Thanks to my "card sketches" pinterest board, I found a masculine layout that I could use for these cards. This sketch was created by Anna-Carin. Simple and masculine.
 My Tips:
  • use the Surprise Me feature under the Combos tab of the Choose Color icon in MDS to select your color combinations. In my case I used: soft suede, island indigo, old olive, and baja breeze.



  •  I used the "clockworks" digital stamp brush set then resized and colored each gear to match my color palette.

  •  I resized the watch so that the middle of it would be 1.75"....just the right size for me to use my 1.75" circle punch.

  • I added a 2" square piece of window sheet with glue dots between the card front and the card base before adhering. The window sheet resembles the face of the watch. 
  • I stamped an extra gear using the clear mount stamp set to make the lower left gear "pop". Then I added a candy dot in the middle.
  • for a feminine design, I used a different color combo (calypso coral, pear pizzaz, bermuda bay, crumb cake) and substituted the gears for some flowers.

Supplies Used (masculine card):
  • cardstock: crumb cake, whisper white
  • ink: soft suede, old olive
  • punches: 1 3/4" circle
  • My Digital Studio: clockworks stamp brush set 
  • embellishments: old olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, soft suede candy dots. 

 Supplies Used (femenine card): 
  •  cardstock: crumb cake, whisper white
  • punches: 1 3/4" circle
  • My Digital Studio: together forever stamp brush set 
  • embellishments: crumb cake 3/8" taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment