Sunday, October 13, 2013

Halloween treats

It was a fun-filled Saturday morning with all the kiddos and adults that attended my special workshop. This was actually my first time hosting kiddos and must say that it went better than I expected. I'm glad I thought out the process of what I was going to do ahead of time. Looking ahead paid off!

Everyone said they enjoyed their time and projects they made. I knew these projects had to be easy, quick, and cute so I figured some punch art would be fun for them to put together. A BIG plus is: you use minimum supplies!

Frankenstein trick or treat bag and bat candy corn bag

Now that I think of it, I should have shown you all the adorable projects these kids made. They're all so different and fun in their own way. These kids have some imagination!!!

MY TIPS:
  • I used MDS (my digital studio) to create the "Trick or Treat" and "Boo" stamp images by using my paintbrush to randomly color orange on the words.
  • Frankenstein's face and hair was cut out using the Top Note bigz die
  • Frank's bolts on the side of his face were made using the smallest ticket from the ticket duo builder punch 
  • i created the bat wings using the butterfly punch and the itty bitty circle punch  by snipping the butterfly in halfway lengthwise then using the bitty circle to create the arch in each wing.

 SUPPLIES USED (Frankenstein bag):
  • cardstock: pumpkin pie, basic black, whisper white, gumball green, basic gray
  • inks: basic black, craft white, gumball green
  • punches: 1 3/4" circle, 1 1/4" circle, small oval, ticket duo builder
  • top note bigz die
  • witches' brew designer washi tape
  • (non-SU!): medium craft bag (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)

SUPPLIES USED (bat candy corn bag):
  • kit: pumpkin pie goodie gear simply created kit
  • cardstock: basic black
  • inks: white gel pen
  • punches: owl builder, butterfly, itty bitty circle
  • black stampin' glitter
  • (non-SU!): candy corn, googly eyes

 Thanks for stopping by! Until next time....
 

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I love your tags and all your projects. I have just become your most recent FOLLOWER. Hope you will come by my blog for a visit www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca
    Louise PS your blog is lovely, may I case your tags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Louise, I appreciate your sweet compliment. Thanks for following me. I'll go over to your blog as well. Of course you may case the tags and anything you want on here. It's super duper fun!!!

      Delete