Sunday, September 15, 2013

His & Hers birthday cards

September stamp club was super fun! I sure hope my gals enjoyed their projects as we put together a His and Hers birthday cards! They look like they're enjoying themselves, don't they??!!

 My card design was "cased" from one of this year's convention presentations. I knew I had to make one of these as soon as I could. Here's what Shelli featured at convention.


I decided to create a His & Hers birthday cards considering that I pretty much have a birthday every day this month plus there's always a birthday card to be made for someone, right?!

The awesome part about these cards is that when you open the top flap, the sentiment comes right out with it! Super COOL!

My TIPS:
  • cut your base cardstock to 4 1/4"x11" then score at 1 1/2"
     and 7".
  • use sticky strip on the edges of your card base to create the pocket as shown below.
  •   create the inside piece by cutting a 3 1/2"x3 1/4" piece of cardstock and scoring it to 1/4". 
  •  Adhere sticky strip above the score line.
  • Place the 3 1/2"x 3 1/4" piece of CS inside the pocket then fold top flap over the CS piece to adhere.

Supplies Used for "HER":
  • cardstock: crumb cake, crisp cantaloupe, summer starfruit, very vanilla, silver glimmer paper
  • DSP: birthday basics
  • inks: crisp cantaloupe
  •  stamp set: chalk talk, yippee-skipee!
  • punches: extra large oval, hexagon (to flag the ends), scallop edge border, itty bitty shapes
  • framelits: chalk talk
  •  My digital studio (for the bow)
  • polka dots embossing folder
  • black embossing powder 



 Supplies Used for "HIM": 
  • cardstock: crumb cake, whisper white, bermuda bay, gumball green,  basic gray
  •  inks: basic gray, gumball green, bermuda bay
  •  stamp set: morning post alphabet, memorable moments, dapper dad (retired)
  • punches: 1/2" circle
  • argyle embossing folder




 Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me by clicking on the link on the left column.
Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Such cool cards . I am another new follower from Stampin' Connection! Have a great day from Australia! :)
    http://angiescraftfusion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete