Monday, July 1, 2013

Black & White with a POP of color

July has arrived and for many Stampin' UP! demonstrators, it's getting sooooooooo very close to CONVENTION in Utah. I'm super duper excited and so ready to party with all the ladies (some gents)!

I have been getting busy with my convention swap projects for a couple of weeks now and am going to share one of my swaps that I have created with you.

This first card below was my first attempt to creating the embossed border and you can tell that the embossed corners don't look so good.

This next card is much better when it comes to the embossed border! Let me share a couple of tips that I learned as I was making this card.


I absolutely love the look of a pop of color amongst black and white. Something about it....

My Tips:
  • create your own border with the simply scored borders plate (pg 178 of the catalog; item 126192)
  • you need to cover-up the same length of scallop on both sides of the paper as shown below.
  • begin scoring on the first full scallop.

 
  • rotate your paper 90 degrees and line up the scallop you already scored with half of the next scallop you will be scoring.
 
  • your scallops should meet and make a smooth transition from corner to corner.

  •  vellum adheres best with glue dots but make sure to adhere where they are not visible.
  • use the new mosaic punch to create the ends of the banner as shown below.


Supplies Used:
  • cardstock: basic black, whisper white, tangerine tango or pool party
  • paper: vellum
  • stamps: en francais, oh hello, a round array, chalk talk
  • inks: white craft, black stazon
  • punches: mosaic
  • tools: oval framelits, simply scored borders plate
  • tangerine tango or pool party embossing powder  

 Hope you enjoyed these quick tips and cards. Let me know what you think! 

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment