Friday, April 19, 2013

Stampin Up Henry says card

Happy Friday to you!
I thought I'd share a card I put together using the Henry Says stamp set in the spring 2013 catalog.

My inspiration for this card came from the faux marble technique. When I thought of using the color blue, I knew that the color and technique was perfect for a cloud. Then it just all evolved from there.


If you haven't experienced the faux marble technique, you should give it a shot. It may be a bit messy but the end result is so fun and eclectic! Here's a video the I found useful to guide me:




My tips:
  •  If you are making multiple cards, use a cookie sheet lined with foil to cover a full 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock.
  •  use the cupcake punch to punch out "clouds"
  • for the "grass" look, use the scalloped edge punch. Punch out like normal the first time, then punch again but this time off-center.
  • cut out an extra ear, curl it, then adhere the right edge with a glue dot to Henry for dimension. 

Supplies used:
  • cardstock: whisper white, pool party, basic grey, gumball green, primrose petals
  • ink: basic grey, daffodil delight, island indigo & pool party (for clouds)
  • stamp set: Henry Says
  • punches: scalloped edge, cupcake, itty bitty punches
  • Big Shot products: cloud embossing folder
  • dazzling details
  • non-SU!: shaving cream, spatula, paper towels, cookie sheet, foil         

I hope these tips were helpful & inspirational!
I 'd love to hear from you. Please comment below.

Until next time!~
   

No comments:

Post a Comment