Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stampin Up quintessential flower

Sale-a-bration is quickly coming to an end and even though I didn't collect ALL of the free products, I'm content with what I did collect. One of the products I really wanted was the quint-essential flower because I'm a sucker for stamp and it's coordinating punch

In this case, you can use 5 different punches for this cutie: 2 3/8" scallop circle, 1 3/4" scallop circle, 1" circle, 3/4" circle, and 1/2" circle.

Here's an example of a card that I put together for a workshop that I will be doing this weekend that features the quint-essential flower.


Supplies used:
  •   Cardstock (Pgs 152-156): crumb cake, pear pizzaz, so saffron, very vanilla, baja breeze
  • DSP (designer series paper) (pg 162): first edition specialty
  • Stamps: quint-essential flower (pg 110 or get it for FREE with a $50 purchase)
  • Inks (Pgs 152-156): baja breeze, so saffron, pear pizzaz, basic black
  • Punches pg 182-185: 1” circle, 2 3/8” scallop circle, 1 ¾” scallop circle, boho blossoms, blossom petals builder, modern label, word window
  • Embellishments: pearl basic jewels (pg 175), bitty buttons (pg 176)
  • Trim: linen thread (pg 173)
  • Embossing folder: needlepoint border (pg 5 Spring catalog)

My tips:
  • for the petals, use an embossing tool and some foam as your surface to create the line down the center of the petal. fold and crease to give some dimension.
  • use your fingers to "work" the petals of the flowers by flipping it back and forth to soften the paper and raise the petals to give it dimension. 

 Take advantage of the last 2 days left in sale-a-bration. Place at least a $50 order with me and get FREE SHIPPING! To get this special offer, you must e-mail me your order before March 22nd: jretana06@gmail.com

Click on the image to the right to view the sale-a-bration brochure. 

2 comments: