Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stampin UP blog candy & anniversary card

Drum roll please........................... the winner of my previous post's blog candy (core'dinations cardstock & woodgrain embossing folder) is PAULA. Congratulations young lady! I will contact you about your prize.

Thank you, for those of you that commented on my post. I hope that you get inspired through the different postings I've had.

I recently put together an anniversary card for me and my husband's 4-year anniversary, coming up next week =o)
I'm case-ing this card created by Lisa Dolson, an art contest winner published in the October Stampin' Success magazine. I made a few minor changes to my liking...

 
Tips from Lisa:
  • "die cut the opening first, then score. Lightly pencil in vertical lines every 3/4" to use as guides for changing direction when scoring. Erase the lines when you're finished..." 



  • "...Ink the solid image of the leaf stamps using the rock and roll technique to introduce more color into the leaf cluster."

Supplies used:
  •   Cardstocks: crumb cake, very vanilla
  •  Inks: summer starfruit, pumpkin pie, pear pizzaz, gumball green,crumb cake, cajun craze, soft suede.
  •  Stamp sets: gently falling
  •  brights designer buttons - old olive
  •  linen thread
  •  simply scored with diagonal plate
  •  labels collection framelits 
  •  color spritzer tool
  •  Non-SU!: everyday expressions from the Paper Studio

 
The diagonal scoring plate was a cinch to use to create the pattern on the card. Hope you were inspired by this card as much as I was! Blog you next time...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment