Wednesday, July 25, 2012

SU! Convention 2012 - Day 1

It's day 1 of Convention and everybody (3,500) is shoulder to shoulder, waiting to get inside the main stage for the opening general session! It was very exciting!


The first thing we see when we arrive to our seats is the beautifully decorated stage with this year's theme: "I AM".
 I was quick to get a picture of me in front of the stage!





As the general session began, we were introduced to the theme song which was so fun to watch and the song was so catchy, I'm still singing it in my head!




An awesome introduction by Shelli and the staff on stage definitely got us all excited and screaming for more!
Amongst the highlights at the opening were Jason Dorsey (a guest speaker) who was hilarious and nothing short of entertaining. He spoke to us about differences in generations (Generation X vs Generation Y) amongst the people in the world.


 Then we were off to lunch at noon for a special first-timer's lunch that included a boxed lunch and free pack of the Storytime DSP nicely wrapped in a grosgrain ribbon! Gotta love those freebies!!!

                                  

After we enjoyed our special lunch, I went for a quick trip to memento mall...........and let me tell you, I can finally understand what makes it all so special! They sell exclusive products for demonstrators that are not sold anywhere else and I had to have it ALL (but I didn't have enough money) so I settled for a few things for my customers, downline, and myself! I did get this precious tree card-holder, it was so beautiful even though this picture doesn't do it justice!




I quickly had to rush out of there otherwise I wouldn't make it to my next class (plus I spent all my money)... "I am savvy". We learned from 4 talented demonstrators on how to strategically design to-die-for projects. These beautiful  & talented ladies were Donna Griffith, Meg Wheeler, Dawn Griffith, and Laura Milligan. 


Dawn Griffith
Donna Griffith
Laura Milligan
Meg Wheeler

cute idea for Christmas

Use the same idea for someone who is sick!

My next session "I am reaching out" was hosted by Emily Montoya. She showed us fun ways to include the emerging demographic ( women 25-35 yrs) in Stampin' UP. She had lots a great ideas and advice for us demos!



After this last session we were once again back at the main stage for some fun demos, prizes, and announcements before we went to "Awards Night" later on that evening.

On awards night, many talented ladies were awarded well-earned recognition for their hard work as Stampin' UP demonstrators. Amongst those ladies was, Denise Sullivan, my upline. I couldn't be more proud of her! Congratulations Denise! She did a wonderful job thanking Shelli (CEO) and Stampin' UP for allowing her to be a part of the advisory board this year.

Many got in line to be recognized for their sales: all the way from $20k to over $100k in SU! product sales.  They earned  free stamp sets based on amount of sales.


Awards night ended with an after party which I did not attend because I was already too tired for the day. Day 1 of Convention was soo much fun and couldn't wait for the next day (after I got some rest, of course)!

Stay tuned for day 2 of Convention tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment